The Warlocks Den - WoW Warlock DiscussionsThe Warlocks Den - WoW Warlock Discussions

Member Login
Forgot Password?

Please Register to Remove these Ads

The Warlocks Den - WoW Warlock Discussions » Discussion Forums » Instances & Raiding » [Karazhan] Terestian Illhoof

Instances & Raiding The PvE side to 80... everything relating to instances and raiding. From Wailing Caverns to Uldaar and beyond!

Old February 27, 2007, 11:21 AM   #1 (permalink)

[Karazhan] Terestian Illhoof

Terestian Illhoof

Terestian Illhoof, along with his minion Kil'Rek, is an optional boss in the library section of Karazhan. Both have a low-aggro range - you can snake around the side at the start, and rez everyone in the room with no difficulty.
Type
660,000 Health, ?? Mana
Terestian Abilities:
Basic Melee - Terestian hits for around 6,500 on cloth.
Shadow Bolt - Terestian fires a shadowbolt at the highest target on the aggro list.
Sacrifice - A random character is summoned to the center of the room and is paralyzed, suffering 1,500 unresistible (and unabsorbable) shadow damage per second until the chains (which count as a creature) are destroyed. While the chains are up, Illhoof is healed for a very high amount very quickly. The chains have roughly 13,000 health.
Berserk - After 10 minutes, Terestian goes berserk, spamming 7,000 shadowbolt volleys on the entire raid.
Kil'Rek Abilities:
Basic Melee - Hits for 2,000 on cloth.
Amplify Flames - Undispellable debuff that increases fire damage by 500. This is applied to the highest target on his aggro list.
Broken Pact - Debuffs Terestian on death, making him take 25% more damage.
Summoned Imps Abilities:
Basic Melee - Around 400, generally used if aggro target is fire immune or in close proximity.
Firebolt - Deals 150 fire damage, up to 650 if Amplify Flames is on the target. Quick casting.
Tactics:
(Courtesy of multiple sources until Hestocklem writes his version. Further enhancements will be taken from your replies.)

First thing of note is do not kill Terestian’s elite imp he will simply immediately resummon it. If someone is being sacrificed all DPS on the chains till they are down. If the chains are up for too long it will kill the player and Terestian will heal a lot.

Terestian’s pet imp will also debuff players with Mark of Flames debuff that can not be removed; it will increase fire damage taken by 500 making the nonelite imps incredibly nasty.

The MT should keep Terestian next to the bright green design on the floor in front of him, that is where he will sacrifice players and we want our melee dps able to quickly shift from Terestian to the Demon Chains. During the fight a ton of non elite imps will pour through the portals behind him, they only have about 1500 health but we want to hold off the AoE call until there is a significant amount of them. As soon as the non elite imps are AoE’ed down DPS should be refocused on Terestian.

Healers will get pounded by the imps since there is no agro established on them, if a Paladin were present laying down a Consecration would help the other healers out a lot.

The focus is Terestian and he should be the major focus of damage unless Demon Chains are up, when someone is being sacrificed killing the Demon Chains becomes the most important priority of the encounter. Keep the non elite imps under control and this fight will be over in no time.

Our Role:
Seed of Corruption works magic here. Use it often.

Kill Movies:
Looking for a good quality kill movie - please post link below if you know of one. (Must be youtube.com to be able to imbed it)

Loot:
To see all drops, please click here.

A huge thankyou to Minidevil of the guild White Eagles (server unsure) for shooting me through an email and letting me know of their youtube.com videos of Karazhan bosses! I'm always interested in the fights from a Warlock's perspective!

Quote:
There normally of our 1st or 2nd downs so not the best of kills, but each are from my point of view (full aff lock) and arnt to bad.

They're, there, their? Wear, were, where? Test yourself!
Akasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Recommended Guide

lb1
Old February 27, 2007, 11:21 AM   #2 (permalink)

Character Info
Foxbat
70 Undead Warlock
US PvE
Profile:
Nether Protection and Terestrian Illhoof

I was in this fight for the first time yesterday and nether protection was EXCELLENT.

With only a few seeds I would have aggro of all the imp adds, and with them spamming fireballs at me, I had it up nearly 95% percent of the fight, meaning I was taking no damage, allowing me to continue to cast seeds constantly.

It was so good I honestly expect it to be nerfed, but I'll enjoy it while I can.
IronSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27, 2007, 11:39 AM   #3 (permalink)

Character Info
Ash
65 Orc Warlock
US PvP
Re: Nether Protection and Terestrian Illhoof

Sssshhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27, 2007, 12:05 PM   #4 (permalink)

Character Info
Stigmatas
73 Gnome Warlock
Burning Legion US PvP
Guild: Drunk and Dangerous

its so good, other warlocks want it to be nerfed. What kind of crap is that. We get one good Defense and you want to take it away?
Old February 27, 2007, 02:01 PM   #5 (permalink)

Character Info
Foxbat
70 Undead Warlock
US PvE
Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stigmatas View Post
its so good, other warlocks want it to be nerfed. What kind of crap is that. We get one good Defense and you want to take it away?
I didn't say I WANT it to be nerfed, I said I EXPECT it to be.

Also, who are the "other warlocks"?
IronSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27, 2007, 04:35 PM   #6 (permalink)

Character Info
Simplexity
80 Human Warlock
Korgath US PvE
Guild: Atonement
Profile: Blizzard Armory

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Raven View Post
Sssshhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah it really makes the fight trivial; too bad I'd have to respec. Now Netherspite on the other hand...
Canadianpimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28, 2007, 03:07 AM   #7 (permalink)

Character Info
Robbzombie
70 Undead Warlock
Arthas US PvP

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronSoul View Post
I didn't say I WANT it to be nerfed, I said I EXPECT it to be.

Also, who are the "other warlocks"?

affliction locks. since they rely heave on shadow and most people dont alternate between fire and shadow, nether protection would seem to proc like all the time.
evilinside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28, 2007, 03:39 AM   #8 (permalink)

Character Info
Swampish
80 Gnome Warlock
Laughing Skull Euro PvP
Guild: Redeemed

sorry to sound like a noob, but what is it. not that high yet
Old February 28, 2007, 04:40 AM   #9 (permalink)

Character Info
Arde
70 Undead Warlock
Jubei'thos Oceania PvP
Profile:

high lv destruction talent that gives you a 30% chance to become immune to fire/shadow damage for 5 seconds when hit by those spells...
arrowz_shot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28, 2007, 04:47 AM   #10 (permalink)

Character Info
Swampish
80 Gnome Warlock
Laughing Skull Euro PvP
Guild: Redeemed

ah cool, thank you.