The Warlocks Den - WoW Warlock DiscussionsThe Warlocks Den - WoW Warlock Discussions

Member Login
Forgot Password?

Please Register to Remove these Ads

The Warlocks Den - WoW Warlock Discussions » Discussion Forums » Instances & Raiding » [Karazhan] Romulo and Julianne

Instances & Raiding The PvE side to 80... everything relating to instances and raiding. From Wailing Caverns to Uldaar and beyond!

Old July 13, 2007, 02:25 AM   #1 (permalink)

Character Info
Hestocklem
70 Gnome Warlock
Cenarius US PvE
Profile: Blizzard Armory
[Karazhan] Romulo and Julianne

Romulo and Julianne

Romulo and Julianne is an event in the Opera House in Karazhan. This event requires at least 1 person on the stage to start. If you fail to have a player on the stage to talk to the old lady, you will be stuck outside the stage door. If this happens, the event will be stuck, unable to reset.
Julianne (Phase 1)
150,000 Health, 67,740 Mana
Abilities:
Eternal Affection: Holy. Calls upon Holy magic to heal an ally. Heal 46250-53750. Cast Time 2 seconds.
Powerful Attraction: Shadow. Stun 6 seconds. Range 45 yards. Cast Time 1.5 seconds.
Blinding Passion: Holy. 6000 Holy damage inflicted over 4 sec (1500 initially, then 4 ticks of 750 each). Range 45 yards. Cast Time 2 seconds.
Devotion: Holy damage dealt is increased by 50%. Spell casting speed is increased by 50% for 10 sec.
Romulo (Phase 2)
190,000 Health, ?? Mana
Abilities:
Backward Lunge: Physical. Strikes at an enemy behind the caster, inflicting weapon damage plus 300 (Knock Back 35 yard).
Deadly Swathe: Physical. Strikes at nearby enemies in front of the caster, inflicting weapon damage plus 300 (Affects up to 3 targets).
Poisoned Thrust: Physical. All statistics reduced by 10% (stacks up to 8 times); the debuff can be depoisoned.
Daring: Holy. Increases the Physical damage dealt by the caster by 35% and the caster's attack speed by 35% for 8 sec.
Tactics:

Phase 1
At first all you'll have to deal with is Julianne. All of her spells can be interrupted and you should as many as possible. It's more important, however, to interrupt her heal over everything else. She is immune to silence, but not most interrupts. At the beginning of the fight, have a mage cast detect magic on her to see when she buffs herself. When she buffs her self, make sure to dispel it as fast as you can. If you have a mage, they can spellsteal her buff and add to your raids DPS at the same time.

Try to kill her in one of the corners of the stage for Phase 3 positioning.

Phase 2

After you kill Julianee, her lover, Romulo, will appear. Have a mage throw up detect magic again. Romulo is a pretty easy tank and spank. Have the tank bring him over to the opposite side you killed Julianne and face his back to a wall. Facing his back to a wall lets your rogues keep DPSing even after being knocked back. Every time he buffs himself, dispel or spellsteal it as soon as possible. Also, have your warriors and rogues using disarm and Riposte as much as possible.

Phase 3

After Romulo drops, both Julianne and Romulo will come back alive with full health and all thier abilities. All of the same tactics will work against all of their abilities. At this time, have a mage throw up another detect magic on both of them. Have all dispellers on carefull watch for both of the buffs and get them dispelled as quickly as you can.

At this time, you can do either two things...
a) focus fire Romulo or Julianne to 10-15% then focus fire the other down to 10-15%
b) split your raid in half and bring them both to 10-15% at the same time.

The second option is probably easier since you can divide your raid into players that can interrupt and ranged. Those that can interrupt should stick to Julianne like glue and make sure that she doesn't get a heal off on herself or Romulo. The ranged will have an easier time DPSing Romulo because they can completely avoid his cleave and knock back. We're only bringing them to 10-15% because of their last ability. They both have the ability to rez if not killed within 10 seconds of each other. This will almost ensure a wipe. When you get both of the lovers down to 10-15%, bring them both down together. Be extra sure to interrupt any heals that Julianne is casting or you might kill them at uneven times.

Our Role:
In this fight, we have a basic DPS role. Remember to watch agro and especially watch agro upon changing phases where one of them could get free and knock you dead. If your raid is light on dispellers, it might be ideal to bring out your felhunter and use devour magic on either of them. Also, when your raid is at Phase 3, you can DoT up both targets to help bring them both down at the same time.

Kill Movies:
Looking for a good quality kill movie - please post link below if you know of one. (Must be youtube.com to be able to imbed it)

Loot:
To see all drops, please click here.

Last edited by Akasha; July 14, 2007 at 10:10 PM..
Hestocklem is offline   Reply With Quote
Recommended Guide

lb1
Old July 14, 2007, 10:10 PM   #2 (permalink)

Re: [Karazhan] Romulo and Julianne

This information was taken from a current guide being put together by Hestocklem, which is why the original post is under their name. In everything we do however, there is always room for improvement, so please help by contributing any additional information, strategies and tips.

As with all previous boss threads, information and improvements will be taken from your replies.

They're, there, their? Wear, were, where? Test yourself!
Akasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15, 2007, 04:36 AM   #3 (permalink)

Character Info
Carighan
70 Gnome Warlock
Emerald Dream Euro PvE
Guild: Ab Aeterno

Felhunters are by far and large the best dispellers in this fight, so unless your raid seriously needs the HP the Imp provides, or needs extra DPS and you got a Felguard or a specced Imp at your disposal, I'd advise to use Felhunter.

Jul all too often tries to heal directly after self-buffing her. Due to serverlag, it can easily happen that the selfbuff can't be taken off fast enough - but a Felhunter dispels at the time the buff happens on the server, not on the client.

So he's a definite advantage over a "normal" dispeller here.
Old July 16, 2007, 02:28 PM   #4 (permalink)

Character Info
Valdor
70 Undead Warlock
Blackhand US PvE
Guild: Insubordination

Nice guide, thanks for the info.

KnThrak, I'm assuming you leave your devour on auto, and just send your felhunter to attack the mob? Do you need to worry about it geting hit and healing it often?
valdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16, 2007, 03:32 PM   #5 (permalink)

Character Info
Debuff
80 Orc Warlock
Sargeras US PvP
Guild: Fenrir

Yep, you have the Felhunter on auto-devour and it will be removed as soon as its cast.
Debuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 06, 2007, 02:46 AM   #6 (permalink)

A huge thankyou to Minidevil of the guild White Eagles (server unsure) for shooting me through an email and letting me know of their youtube.com videos of Karazhan bosses! I'm always interested in the fights from a Warlock's perspective!

Quote:
There normally of our 1st or 2nd downs so not the best of kills, but each are from my point of view (full aff lock) and arnt to bad.

They're, there, their? Wear, were, where? Test yourself!
Akasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 06, 2007, 03:51 AM   #7 (permalink)

Character Info
Themorrigan
70 Human Warlock
Kil'Jaeden US PvP
Guild: The Collective

Does Romulo still cleave behind him? I haven't been to KZ in a while, but last time I was there I couldn't sic my Felhunter on him because he would have killed it.

Also useful is putting Julianne as your focus (assuming you have 3rd party unit frames, so you can actually see your focus) and helping stop her heals with Spell Lock.
doogless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 06, 2007, 04:30 AM   #8 (permalink)

Character Info
Swampish
80 Gnome Warlock
Laughing Skull Euro PvP
Guild: Redeemed

I'm not sure about warrior skills and i dont know if it is a skill or an item, but when your tank take's romulo try to disarm him when he gets the damage buff. Putting melee on julian to interrupt her heals and also do alot of damage is nice since she is wearing cloth.
All casters/hunters onto romulo to take away the cleave aspect of the fight. the melee should be able to kill julian at the same pace the casters can kill romulo, this fight is rather comical, if you play with sound that is
Old August 17, 2007, 05:50 AM   #9 (permalink)

Character Info
Bealzebub
70 Undead Warlock
Al'Akir Euro PvP
Guild: Furious Angels

Summon Felhunter and put Devour Magic on auto! Don't forget and you can enjoy the fight.
Spell lock manual.

Goal: kill them simultanisly with DPS

Put your Felhunter on Julliane.
If she start casting press Spell Lock.

Same for Romulo.

If they are togheter on stage?

You focus on female.
Watch (your Felhunter,) Julliane and Romulo's health.
Hold back till both almost dead.
Finish them off.
Old October 01, 2007, 03:18 AM   #10 (permalink)

Character Info
Eksitaja
70 Human Warlock
Aerie Peak Euro PvE
Guild: Memento Mori

Anyone know if there been any changes to this event, I did it for my first time yesterday and my combat log shows
9/30 21:29:02.890 Czaadhon 's Spell Lock fails. Julianne is immune.
Eksitaja is offline   Reply With Quote