The Warlocks Den - WoW Warlock DiscussionsThe Warlocks Den - WoW Warlock Discussions

Member Login
Forgot Password?

Please Register to Remove these Ads

The Warlocks Den - WoW Warlock Discussions » Discussion Forums » Instances & Raiding » [Karazhan] Maiden of Virtue

Instances & Raiding The PvE side to 80... everything relating to instances and raiding. From Wailing Caverns to Uldaar and beyond!

Old June 27, 2007, 10:42 AM   #1 (permalink)

Character Info
Hestocklem
70 Gnome Warlock
Cenarius US PvE
Profile: Blizzard Armory
[Karazhan] Maiden of Virtue

Maiden of Virtue

A titan-like Boss in the Guest Chambers wing of Karazhan. She bears a modeling resemblance to Ironaya of Uldaman. She is ironically put behind the rooms full of ladies of the night. The Maiden is optional, it is not necessary to kill her in order reach other bosses.
Type
376,000 Health, ?? Mana
Abilities:
Holy Fire: Throughout the entire fight, the Maiden will cast holy fire on random member of the raid. The damage is fire damage though. It's a 1 second cast that cannot be interrupted. It will do about 3000 damage and then a 2000 DoT. Note: Nether Protection talent is very useful to remove Holy Fire DoT.
Holy Ground: Similar to a paladin's consencration, it is an AoE DoT around the Maiden that will do around 300 damage per 3 seconds and silences.
Holy Wrath: Similar to the Snake Boss in Zul'Gurub, this is a holy chain lightening attack. No cast time on it. Hits for about 2000.
Repentance: Hardest ability. AoE stun of everybody in the instance (?) for 10 seconds and does 1500 damage. Damage will break the stun. Done at intervals.
Tactics:
Maiden of Virtue is a fight that depends a lot on execution.

To start the fight, everybody should run to an assigned position between the pillars (look at video). These pillars are a good estimate on how far away you should be from a player to avoid chain holy wrath from hitting more than one person. Melee should try their best to spread out behind her and stay in melee range.

Paladins and priests should be healing everybody in line of sight, and the Main tank. They should also be removing the Holy Fire DoT.

During repentance, there is 10 seconds where the tank will be without heals because of stun. Damage, however, does break the stun, so a paladin can place Blessing of Sacrifice on the main tank, or a rogue taking damage from the holy ground. This way, the paladin will take small damage from the Blessing, and be able to heal again. If you don't have a paladin, a healer can run into the holy ground just for the repentance and avoid staying stunned for long. This healer should be able to solo heal the tank.

During repentance, rogues will also be free of the stun. They can use this time to bandage if they need to.

Our Role:
Our job in the fight is once again to DPS. We must be very alert as to who we are standing near and if they will chain a holy wrath to us or if we will chain one to them.

Agro is not usually an issue during the fight because the tank should be building agro far passed you when you are stunned.

Make sure the imp is placed near a tank so the extra stamina. is received. Soulstones should be used during combat because of her huge agro radius.

Kill Movies:
Kill video of Maiden of Virtue from a Destruction Warlock's Point of View. (filmed by me).

Loot:
To see all drops, please click here.

Last edited by Akasha; July 12, 2007 at 07:06 PM..
Hestocklem is offline   Reply With Quote
Recommended Guide

lb1
Old July 12, 2007, 06:58 PM   #2 (permalink)

Re: [Karazhan] Moroes

This information was taken from a current guide being put together by Hestocklem, which is why the original post is under their name. In everything we do however, there is always room for improvement, so please help by contributing any additional information, strategies and tips.

As with all previous boss threads, information and improvements will be taken from your replies.

They're, there, their? Wear, were, where? Test yourself!
Akasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12, 2007, 07:26 PM   #3 (permalink)

Character Info
Anandrad
70 Human Warlock
Shu'Halo US PvE
Guild: Tyranus Supremacy
Re: [Karazhan] Maiden of Virtue

Use a spellstone to remove the holy fire from you : that's THE fight where this stone has some use. I would not say you won't have aggro issue so i still recommend Blessing of Salvation if you have a pally. If you have a timer for her repentance just step in the Holy Ground few seconds before the repentance, that will keep you awake so you can then back up outside of it, use life drain to get back your life and then dps again.

Anandrad
anandrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12, 2007, 09:15 PM   #4 (permalink)

Character Info
Zigurat
70 Gnome Warlock
Zu`Jin US PvE
Guild: The Duck Factor

Would love to know what mods (specific names if possible) are being used during these fights.
Zigurat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12, 2007, 09:24 PM   #5 (permalink)

Character Info
Hestocklem
70 Gnome Warlock
Cenarius US PvE

What you see for the mods is:
Bars: Trinity Bars
Unit Frames: xPerl
HUD: Drathals HUD
Combat log: SimpleCombatLog
Scrolling Combat Text
Buffs: Elkano's Buff Bars

The main tank frames are from xPerl, and the entire raid frames in the top left corner is just the basic WoW raid frames.
Old July 12, 2007, 09:29 PM   #6 (permalink)

Character Info
Garii
80 Tauren Druid
Cho'gall US PvP

I would add that your felpupy can eat the Holy Fire thus helping the healers to focus on the MT, your felhunter will need a couple of HoTs to survive. For maximizing your utility this can be done using decursive.
El Tanakh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13, 2007, 07:08 AM   #7 (permalink)

Character Info
Turmeric
70 Gnome Warlock
Aszune Euro PvE
Guild: Origin

2 x dispellers and you shouldn't need toworry about the holy fire. One thing I'd mention is the pull... If you enter and hug the walls, you can buff in there, and everyone can move round hugging the walls to get positions sorted before the tank pulls. Its a lot easier than running in and allows more DPS time.
The dispelling is key to surviving here. The Maiden herself has very few HP comparatively so it isn't a long fight but anymore than one tick of Holy Fire on you and its a problem.
I prefer to eat the stun and just wait through it. Although its long, it stops me overaggroing, doesn't put any pressure on the healers and its a lot simpler to stand still and keep dot rotations up than have to move every so often.
Turmeric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13, 2007, 07:15 AM   #8 (permalink)

Character Info
Duckie
70 Undead Warlock
Stormrage Euro PvE
Guild: Elitism

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandrad View Post
Use a spellstone to remove the holy fire from you : that's THE fight where this stone has some use. I would not say you won't have aggro issue so i still recommend Blessing of Salvation if you have a pally. If you have a timer for her repentance just step in the Holy Ground few seconds before the repentance, that will keep you awake so you can then back up outside of it, use life drain to get back your life and then dps again.

Anandrad
Why remove it? Just drainlife and you are done too.

A other tip when you are about to get stunned, move in maidens AoE area and you are just stunned for like 1 second and you can continue dps
Duckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16, 2007, 08:59 AM   #9 (permalink)

Character Info
Debuff
80 Orc Warlock
Sargeras US PvP
Guild: Fenrir

If anyone wants to check out a video of this fight from an affliction lock's POV, here was one I recorded about 2 weeks ago: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgeIe9XX_x0
Debuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25, 2007, 03:20 AM   #10 (permalink)

Character Info
Anandrad
70 Human Warlock
Shu'Halo US PvE
Guild: Tyranus Supremacy

I don't say it's not possible Duckie to life drain when you get holy fire but i would be curious to know how you want to out heal : 3000-3500 fire damage up front and 1750 fire damage every 2 sec over 12 sec especially when you get some extra damage from the repentance ?
On top of it if you dispell it yourself it's always faster and save some mana for healers.
anandrad is offline   Reply With Quote